When people and technology work together on a project for the future
Smile has been chosen to develop and deploy a project of connected cab. What is the aim? Lead an ambitious programme to improve waste collection processes thanks to digital technologies, placing experience in the field at the heart of all designs.
Their everyday goal?
- Brainstorming workshops with dump truck drivers, operations managers, members of the ITD, compactor manufacturers, etc.
- Discussions with users at all stages of the project: wire framings, HCI models (Human Computer Interactions = interfaces), prototypes
- Change management sessions
Be a step ahead of Open
Source and onboard technologies
The connected cabin is an innovative and interesting digital transformation project. Unique in the waste maintenance world, the ambition is threefold:
- Increase transparency and efficiency in waste collection, treatment and recycling
- Having real time data feedback to develop new service offers and move towards individual invoicing
- Improve the reliability of field data and efficiency to feed information back down to customers and encourage environmentally friendly behaviours
- With a "user centric" working method and many iterations enabling flexible and on-going development.
- A strong and enthusiastic team of 20 Smilers including 1 project leader and 1 project manager.
- Relay staff in each entity for simple and fluid communication.
We are looking forward to another show very soon!
Today, 6 dump trucks equipped with the connected system work on 3 sites and are testing the solution in real life. The next stages will enable the adjustment of the solution according to user tests prior to its deployment.
The connected cabin is a modern and responsible project placing the Company in the category of players that are passionate and committed to the future!