Open-Source 2022, an edition under the sign of Europe and digital sustainability
This week was the second edition of the Open-Source Experience + Sido Paris gathered 5902 participants, an increase of +5.7% vs 2021.
Beyond highlighting open-source technologies, solutions, and challenges in France and Europe, Open-Source Experience focuses on the driving role of open-source innovations in the digital transformation of companies, This includes Artificial Intelligence, IoT, Cloud, and Blockchain.
Open-Source Experience, the unmissable event about open-source
Two days full of conferences, technological workshops, and meetings that brought together the entire free software industry. The counters are not yet closed, but Systematic Paris Region, which is hosting this event, was expecting more than 4,500 open-source and open-digital professionals.
Open-Source is a real asset for the digital industry in Europe and a powerful innovation accelerator. Its technological components are found in the vast majority of application solutions, including proprietary software, and serve transformation challenges related to societal challenges and environments.
Smile, SensioLabs and alter way
This year’s presence was reinforced by the presence of the Smile Group as a member of the OSXP organization, and the involvement of Philippe Montargès as co-chair of the OSXP Programme Committee.
Beyond these elements, the Group provided 10 interventions in the program of the event, through conferences and round tables, such as:
- The presentation of the study on the Open-Source market in France and Europe, attended by Marc Palazon, Chair of the Numeum open-source committee and CEO of Smile; and Philippe Montarges, co-chair of the Open-Source Experience 2022, open-source ambassador of the Smile Group, President of the Open-Source Hub of Systematic Paris Region and co-founder Alter Way
- The role and importance of open-source in Europe, with Marc Palazon, Fredrick Svensson (CBDO Redpill Linpro) and moderated by Astor Nummelin Carlberg (Executive Director - Openforum Europe)
- Presentation of the Digital Strategy Head of the Smile Group, by Véronique Torner, Managing Director alter way and in charge of Digital Head
- “Open-source as an accelerator of new industrial strategies” hosted by Philippe Montargès,
- And many more. Replays coming soon, be open!
On the Sido side, we were not outdone too, with the presentation of 2 demos dedicated to IoT and embedded technologies.
The first allows you to scan an object and automatically convert it to a drawing 3. Many thanks to our partner Niryo for the loan!
The second, called Warhol, automatically recognizes the food and its quantity to propose a suitable recipe. Yum!:)
And finally, we offered to the tasting a beer brewed by our CTO, Fabrice Dewasmes, whose recipe is open-source!
Open CIO Summit
The 2022 Open CIO Summit, the key CIO event, was also held at the heart of OSXP2022. Very high-level conferences on which Véronique Torner, President of the Open CIO Summit and Managing Director of alter way, summarized the main messages in her LinkedIn post to be found here.
Study on the open-source market
OSXP2022 was also the occasion chosen by Markess, the CNLL, Numeum and Systematic to present in preview the results of the 2022 study of the open-source market in France and Europe.
Find our summary of the study in our blog post
Closing Remarks, by Marc Palazon and Véronique Torner